This document (“Cookies Policy”) stipulates how FinTech Association of Hong Kong Limited (“FTAHK”, ”we” or “us”) will collect, use, store, share, transmit, delete or otherwise process cookies and log files with respect to the operation of the website www.ftahk.org ("Website”) which is owned and managed by FTAHK.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which a website may place on your computer or other device when you visit a website. The cookie will help that website to recognise your computer or other device the next time you visit.
Only the information that you provide, or the choices you make while visiting a website can be stored in a cookie. For example, the Website cannot determine your email address unless you choose to input this information. Allowing a website to create a cookie does not give that website or any other site access to the rest of your computer, and only the website that created the cookie can read it.
- Access - recording your visit, including your usage patterns;
- Analytics - analysing the number of visitors and general usage patterns;
- Security - IP address, domain name and access time; and
- Performance – we use these cookies to monitor the Website’s performance and to swiftly identify and rectify any IT issues that arise and determine improvements going forward. This helps to improve the experience that both you and other users have of the Website.
Gathering this information enables us to provide more useful features to you, to possibly tailor the content of the Website and mobile applications (if any) to suit your interests and, where permitted by your marketing preferences, provide you with promotional materials or direct marketing based on your usage patterns.
As this information is not linked to any personal information, it is separate from your personal data. In rare instances, IP addresses may be used to assist in deterring and / or preventing abusive or criminal activity on the Website.
Third Party Cookies
We may, from time to time, work with other third parties such as Google Analytics to research certain usage and activities on the Website on our behalf.
They use technologies such as cookies, spotlight monitoring and web beacons to collect information for this research.
They may use the information collected through such technologies:
- to find out more about users of the Website, including user demographics and behaviour and usage patterns;
- for more accurate reporting;
- to improve the effectiveness of the Website; and
- to identify fraudulent or traffic.
Most internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies. You can do this through your browser’s “help” setting / function. However, by disabling cookies, certain sections of the Website may not work properly.
If you accept cookies during your use of the Website, you acknowledge that your information is being collected, stored, accessed, and used as described above.
Changes to this Cookies Policy
Any changes that we make to this Cookies Policy will be posted on this page. If changes are significant, we may choose to notify you by email or to clearly indicate on our home page that this Cookies Policy has been updated.
Learn more about cookies at https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/ .
If you have any queries regarding this Cookies Policy, please contact us via email@example.com.