(Updated April 2022)
The purpose of this Policy is to inform you of how the FTAHK manages your Personal Data (defined below) especially but not limited to by accessing our website www.ftahk.org (“Website”) which is owned and operated by the Company.
Types of Personal Data we collect:
We collect the following types of Personal Data:
- personal contact information such as your photograph, name, telephone number, fax number, email address and mailing address and other personally identifiable information such as your bank account details; and
- work-related information such as your job title, the name of your company, your registration details and the nature of your business.
- information related to your use of the Website/ services (e.g., behavioural information, location information, browser details, IP addresses or user acquisition data) – please also see our Cookies Policy.
This Policy may, in our sole discretion, be updated, modified, and changed from time to time. Your continued use of the Website after we make such updates, modifications, and changes is deemed to be acceptance of such, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Purpose of collecting Personal Data
We will collect your Personal Data:
- when you provide such data to us directly by telephone, mail or email;
- when you submit such data to us on the Website (for example, by completing and submitting any forms);
- from third parties in marketing events;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- when you navigate through the Website; and
- when we are required to do so by law or regulation.
We may use your Personal Data:
- to process your membership application or renewal;
- to verify your identity;
- for direct marketing purposes to send you information, newsletters and other materials about us, our business partners, and event invitations both in print and in electronic form (see “Direct marketing” below);
- to make your Personal Data available to other members of FTAHK to facilitate networking among members (see “Direct marketing” below);
- to collate data and prepare reports on our operations;
- to process billing and payment, to determine amounts outstanding, and, if necessary, to collect outstanding payments;
- to communicate with you regarding your membership and assist with your queries; and
- to make such disclosures as required by applicable laws or regulations.
While the supply of your Personal Data is voluntary, if you choose not to provide your Personal Data to us, we may not be able to provide you with the information or our services you require.
We will process your Personal Data fairly and only for those purposes we have told you, for purposes permitted by you or as permitted by applicable laws or regulations. In addition, you may object to certain types of processing as expressly permitted by applicable laws or regulations.
If you provide us with Personal Data about another person, you confirm that you have obtained their consent to the processing and transferring of their Personal Data to us and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their Personal Data will be processed and used by us.
We intend to use your name, mailing address, facsimile number, telephone numbers and email address for direct marketing purposes to send you information, newsletters and other materials about us and event invitations. We will not use your Personal Data for direct marketing without your consent (or indication of no objection). If you consider this use of your Personal Data unacceptable, please indicate your objection by emailing email@example.com.
We intend to display your photograph, name, company and contact details (telephone numbers and email address) on the Website’s members’ area. Only FTAHK members have access to the members’ area. Other FTAHK members may view your Personal Data and use them to contact you for purposes including direct marketing. We will not display your Personal Data without your consent (or indication of no objection). If you consider this use of your Personal Data unacceptable, please indicate your objection by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
At any stage thereafter you may choose not to receive any or all of our promotional or marketing materials of us and event invitations (whether in the form of email or mailings). You may do this by again contacting us by email at email@example.com.
We may also share your Personal Data with our business partners or other FTAHK members for marketing purposes or we may send you information about other organisations’ goods and services. We, our business partners and other FTAHK members may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with offers of goods and services or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your postal address, fax number, telephone numbers or email address you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes.
If you do not want us to share your Personal Data with our business partners and/or other FTAHK members, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your desire for us not to share your Personal Data for the purposes listed in the above paragraph.
Transfer or disclosure of Personal Data:
We will never sell your Personal Data to any third party.
We will not transfer your Personal Data to third parties except the specific classes of data transferees listed in this paragraph. Personal Data collected and held by us will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for us to (a) comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requirements, or (b) provide services to you, or (c) carry out the original purposes, or a directly related purpose specified above, for which the Personal Data were collected, those Personal Data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- staff or other members of FTAHK as well as our business partners such as other associations, universities, start-up accelerator programmes (see “Direct marketing” above);
- competent court of law, law enforcement agency, Office of the Communications Authority or other governmental, statutory or regulatory authority, institution or organization; and
- any person you have authorised to interact with us on your behalf.
Some of the persons to whom we disclose Personal Data may be situated outside Hong Kong.
The collected Personal Data may be transmitted to and stored in the data centres of third‐party data storage provider(s) within or outside of Hong Kong.
Use of Personal Data in Legal Proceedings
If it becomes necessary that we have to take action against you for any reason whatsoever including recovering from you any money you owe us, you expressly agree that the Personal Data provided by you can be relied upon in identifying and taking legal action against you.
Access, correction and queries:
You have the right to request access to and the correction of your Personal Data held by us. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for complying with your data access request. When you request access, we may need to take measures to verify your identity. If you wish to exercise such rights or if you have any query in relation to this document please contact:
the Board Members of FinTech Association of Hong Kong Limited at email@example.com.
Retention of Data
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected and for as long as we are no longer obliged to retain such Personal Data by law or regulation. We will destroy any of your Personal Data that we no longer require as soon as practicable.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the Personal Data disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used or required to be kept by law or regulation.
Online purchases involving credit card are transacted via secure protocols.
Protecting your Privacy
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data and to limit the uses of your Personal Data, as described in this Policy, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will remain constantly secure. There is always a possibility that your Personal Data could be lost due to technical problems or stolen from our databases by malicious computer users. We will not be held responsible for any such loss or theft.
The Website links to a wide variety of other websites and it displays advertisements from third parties’ websites. We do not endorse the products or services of such third parties. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of third party websites and third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these websites or advertisers, nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
Changing your Details
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your Personal Data corrected. For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us. You will have to bear any costs incurred by FTAHK in providing you with a copy of your data or when changes to the Personal Data are requested.
If you wish to access or correct your Personal Data or if you have any queries about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy and your use of the Website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.