Terms and Conditions of use of HKFTA Website
This page sets out the Terms and Conditions under which you may use FinTech Association of Hong Kong Limited’s (“FTAHK”) Website (the “Website”). By accessing or using the Website, you accept and agree to be bound, without limitation or qualification, by these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to modify or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time, at our sole discretion. If you choose to access or use the Website, then you are bound by any such modification or revision and should therefore visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions, “we”, “our”, “FTAHK” or “us” refers to FinTech Association of Hong Kong Limited.
Use of Material:
The contents of this Website, including but not limited to text, software, photographs, graphics, illustrations, artwork, video, music, sound, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other material and content (collectively the “Materials”) are protected by copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws internationally. This includes both content owned by FTAHK and content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to FTAHK.
You are authorised to view and download a single copy of the Materials on the Website solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
As a condition of your use of the Website, you agree that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by any applicable laws or the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you further agree not to:
- sell or modify all or any part of the Materials or post, publish, transmit, reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, exploit, or otherwise use all or any part of the Materials in any way for any public or commercial purpose without prior written permission of FTAHK;
- trespass, break into, access, use or attempt to trespass, break into, access or use any other parts of our servers, and/or any data areas for which you have not been authorised by us;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, any component of the Website itself or any Material obtained through the Website which is protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, or create derivative works with respect thereto, without prior written permissionof FTAHK;
- directly or indirectly, allow others to use your Login Name or Password (When your application as a member of FTAHK is approved by FTAHK, FTAHK will provide you with a login name (“Login Name”) and you will create your own password (“Password”));
- interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Website or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, other FTAHK member's accounts or passwords, computer systems or networks connected to the Website, through password mining or any other means; or
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another FTAHK member.
If you would like to obtain FTAHK's express permission to use any of the Materials on your own website, or link to our Website, please call us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you breach any these Terms and Conditions then your permission to use the Materials automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Materials.
The Website and Materials are provided on an 'as is' basis without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. FTAHK, its partners and suppliers, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties (express or implied), including but not limited to warranties of title, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights. FTAHK, its partners and suppliers make no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, text, graphics and links.
FTAHK makes no warranties that the Website will operate uninterrupted or error-free or that its Website or its server is free of computer viruses or other harmful items. FTAHK is not liable for any costs if use of the Website or the Materials results in the need for servicing or replacing of equipment or data.
FTAHK shall not be held responsible for any third party material.
Limitation of Liability / Disclaimer of Damages
In no event shall FTAHK, its partners or suppliers be liable to any user of the Website or any third party for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or loss of business or lost profits) resulting from the use or inability to use the Website or the Materials or from any action taken or decision made on the basis of the Website or the Materials, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not FTAHK is advised of the possibility of such damages.
FTAHK may, in appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, remove, or disable access to, any of the Materials on the Website that infringes on the rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used on our Website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide FTAHK with a written notice that includes the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf;
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Links to Other Sites
Links to third party websites maintained by others are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by FTAHK of their contents nor any association with its operators. FTAHK is not responsible for the content of linked third party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of their materials. Where a linked third party website advertises, sells or contains products or services information, we expressly declare that we do not endorse any such products or services as appearing on that linked third party website or any other website which the linked third party website may link to. Access to linked third party websites is at your own risk.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other linked third party websites even if you access them using links from our Website and recommend that you check the policy of each such linked third party website you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions. In addition, if you linked to this Website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless FTAHK, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any losses, liabilities, damages, claims, actions, demands, costs and expenses, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, incurred or suffered by FTAHK in connection with or arising from or alleging or resulting from your use of all or any part of the Materials (including software) or your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
Jurisdiction and Validity
FTAHK makes no claims that the Materials are appropriate for any particular purpose or audience, or that they may be downloaded outside of Hong Kong. Access to the Materials may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access our Website from outside of Hong Kong, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
FTAHK is headquartered in Hong Kong and, hence, all legal issues arising from or related to the use of the Website shall be construed in accordance with and determined by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”). These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
If any provision or part-provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
No waiver of any term of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Except as expressly provided in a particular 'Legal Notice' for software or material on particular web pages, these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and FTAHK with respect to your use of our Website.
We will keep your Personal Data (i.e. any information which can personally identify you) for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected. Personal Data which is no longer required will be destroyed.
These terms and conditions are subject to change. Any changes will be posted on the Website of FTAHK.